Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Can't Get Enough of the Monkeys

Pretty much every story I read about monkeys, no matter what the age level, is a hit with kids. During baby lapsit storytimes Hug by Jez Alborough provides the perfect opportunity to snuggle. Any rendition of 5 Little Monkeys has toddlers and preschoolers jumping up and down with excitement, and it's a great one to try with flannel. I even have a monkey hand puppet that was my storytime mascot for a while. Today, I had the chance to check out Walter Dean Myers' newest picture book called Looking for the Easy Life. Four monkey friends follow Oswego Pete, who is "one slick monkey" in search of the Easy Life. Hilarious adventure ensues, and the dialect and witty side comments had me literally laughing out loud. Although it is probably too long for any of my storytimes, this book is a great one to share and begs to be read out loud!  

0 Comments: