Thursday, February 10, 2011

Long Live Harry Potter!


I recently took a trip to Orlando, FL to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been shy about touting my bookwormish tendencies, but I'm not going to lie that it was heartening to see that I'm not alone! As I raced teenagers dressed in Hogwarts gowns to be the first in line for the dueling dragons coaster, it dawned on me that despite the fact that the last book was published more than three years ago, Harry Potter is still alive and well in the hearts of muggle teenagers everywhere. And, more importantly, we YA librarians can capitalize on that and the renewed interest that the final movie, set to release July 15, 2011, will surely generate. So bust out those "If You Love Harry Potter..." book lists, set up displays of read-a-likes, or plan a Harry Potter movie release party. And remember...everything old is new again!

0 Comments: