Saturday, June 25, 2011

Book Review Saturday

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

I am happy to announce to all Pretty Little Liars Fans that Sara Shepard has a new series out! It has been out for a little while (December 7, 2010), but I read it this week after waiting patiently for my copy on a long hold list. I have to admit that I have been a fan of hers from way back when I got an ARC of the first Pretty Little Liars book.

The Lying Game
delivers the same intrigue and deceptive characters. Emma, a foster child, learns that she has a twin sister and immediately jumps a bus (without her foster mother knowing) to meet her sister. At the designated time and spot Emma waits for her sister, Sutton, but soon discovers that her sister has been murdered and she needs to pretend to be her or she too will be killed. An interesting twist is that Sutton follows Emma around in ghost form. No one can see or hear Sutton, not even Emma, but the reader gets to read her comments and she has amnesia of a sort, knowing nothing about her life or her death. The series will continue as Emma (and Sutton) try to find out who killed Sutton. Was it her best friends? Did it have to do with the Lying Game?

The second book of the series, Never Have I Ever, is due out August 2, 2011! However, if I am lucky Kirby or Joanna will find an ARC at ALA and bring it home to me. Sending them good vibes for that one!

Posted by Anna

0 Comments: