Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Talk about Graphic Novels...

...is everywhere right now! And thank goodness :)

As a Collection Development Librarian I love purchasing material in this format because I know it circulates. Anytime I point out where the graphic novels are my kids get super pumped, which makes me very happy. There are a few series that I enjoy but as a reader graphic novels aren't my first choice so I am constantly asking fans for good picks. And with my budget getting smaller each  year, I have now started asking folks what are my must haves?

Last week in my inbox I got my GraphicNovelReporter.com Newsletter and not only was it full of good stuff, it also included a GNR Core List that you can see here. I find Graphic Novel Reporter to be a great resource and I would highly recommend subscribing to their mailing list. And then today I recieved my American Libraries Direct email and it was the press release for ALSC's Children's Graphic Novel Core Collection list. I'm going to compare lists, check my system, and then get to ordering!

P.S. I just finished Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Fiasco (and of course ordered it for the library)...
Don't you absolutely LOVE this series by Jarrett J. Krosoczka?

If you haven't had a chance to check out the Lunch Lady series website, do it today! With author and book sites I always click on "Teacher Resources" links because even though I'm not a teacher I find it provides different ways for me to promote the books. And this site has Lunch Lady paper dolls :) I gotta find a Lunch Lady lunch box...

0 Comments: